Raymarine Repairs

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Just a quick note for all of you guys that have been told by Raymarine that the instrument is ''obsolete and we not longer have parts. You can order our new model # XYZ at any of our dealers''. Generally followed by a link to their web site where you will see the suggested instrument and its price. Being frugal and not wanting to spend over $1,000 for a new wind meter, I did a lot of digging on the internet and was lucky enough to find a wonderful technician who not only help me diagnose the problem, but accepted to take it in, test it, and after finding probable cause for the problem, suggested a reasonably priced solution which I accepted.
The service was absolutely great, with emails back quickly and instrument sent back after a few days. And all this as I said at a much lower price than a new unit.
His name is Dan Gerhardt and you can reach him at C250@mydurango.net. I got is OK to post the address and no I'm not related, just a satisfied customer.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I believe it was a couple of years ago, @Stu Jackson had his AP computer stop working. Dan was reached and he had Stu send the ailing box to Colorado. By the time he made it to Canada (his new home) the AP was back and working having been given a new life (like a cat with 9 lives).

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Thanks Claude! Good to hear from you.
Tks Allan. Been off the site for the longest time although I was replying to pm messages about various things. Did a lot of sailing in the last couple of years including a single-handed trip from Montreal to Blanc Sablon, in the Straight of Belle-Isles, which is at the entrance of Labrador ! Hope to be more present here in the future but still planning sailing trips from my bucket list so depending on where I go I may not always have possibility of getting on line !

Apr 4, 2017
Hunter Hunter 41 Longport, NJ
I had a similar problem with raymarine. I just need a suncover for their 7001 autohelm.
can't find anywhere. Any help?

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
Ugh... I just had to buy a suncover for my raymarine c80 mfd chartplotter... looked online (mostly ebay) and they seem to go for around $90-$100 used... it's a single piece of plastic!!! I kept searching for a few weeks and one came up for $50, so I bought it... but even $50 for a plastic screen cover seems ridiculous... considering I also recently bought a raspberry pi COMPUTER for $10. I'd say set up an eBay search and wait till one comes up for the right price.

Jul 14, 2014
Beneteau Oceanus 390 Puerto Vallarta
I second the recommendation to go to Ebay for parts. I just replaced my ailing ST60 Tridata with a lightly used one purchased off Ebay. This stuff is never cheap, but compared to the purchase of a new system, which would have to include things like transducers and paddlewheels (which in turn requires the boat to be pulled), it's still much less expensive.