Raymarine raydome

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
I have an RD218 raydome and need to unplug the cable, put some dielectric grease in, and reseat the plug. I sent someone up the mast and they could unscrew it (it’s like a cannon plug) but could not separate the connection from the radome. He said he did not want to pull too hard on it. So I’m curious, is there some type of clip or locking ring that has to be removed to get the pug off the dome?

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
You might check with Chuck over at the Raymarine Forums.
Forum.Raymarine.com
Les

Nov 19, 2009
You might check with Chuck over at the Raymarine Forums.
Forum.Raymarine.com
Les
I tried to sign up to use that forum and it said they weren’t taking any more members. I searched the forum and didn’t see anything specific to the connection but found info Ron what I’m experiencing which is saying to unplug, grease it, and reset it

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I have the Pathfinder Raymarine Radome and it is the predecessor to the 218. Both of these are analog units. There is a plug that the radar cable goes through and the actual connection on mine is a flat plug with multiple wires. To access the plug requires that the Radom be taken apart and the top half removed to access the plug. If yours is like mine, would be a tedious job up high. I took mine apart and remote mounted when my mast was on a cradle going up and down the Tenn-Tom waterway cruising from Ky Lake to Fl and return so I’d have radar on the river. There is also a cable clamp justbinside the radome. Not too difficult when the radar is on the deck. Here are some photos of mine.
49602827-B3AF-4759-8362-1D16006D647F.jpeg
5D98874C-E744-47A5-9D9B-7B24E23B4C7D.jpeg
B89D8944-4FDF-44AF-B8AF-95F8F9C78EB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2009
I have the Pathfinder Raymarine Radome and it is the predecessor to the 218. Both of these are analog units. There is a plug that the radar cable goes through and the actual connection on mine is a flat plug with multiple wires. To access the plug requires that the Radom be taken apart and the top half removed to access the plug. If yours is like mine, would be a tedious job up high. I took mine apart and remote mounted when my mast was on a cradle going up and down the Tenn-Tom waterway cruising from Ky Lake to Fl and return so I’d have radar on the river. There is also a cable clamp justbinside the radome. Not too difficult when the radar is on the deck. Here are some photos of mine.View attachment 149347View attachment 149348View attachment 149349
I’m afraid you are probably right.