Rare find a Hunter 23.4

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Might be a little worn on the ends making it shorter? I dunno.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@P100D
You need to correct the description of the boat as a Hunter 23 wing keel. As to 23.4, I have no idea what that specifically references to unless length overall but for this boat it is 23’3” from bow to stern.
Also Genoa railing may be what we call a traveler which is a bar with a sliding mainsheet block setup attached to boat generally right in front of the companionway. Take a photo and post to make sure it is a traveler. Then may I suggest you change the description of your ad. Former dealer now retired

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Oh come on! You guys know that a Genoa railing is like a jib railing, only larger!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Maybe Genoa railing is the adjustable jib sheet travelers? Looks exactly like a 23 to me too.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I think by genoa railing he means a genoa "track"... it's a long T track, mounted on the toe rail that can accommodate a large range of sail sizes and additional equipment for other purposes. The toe rail location creates the wide sheeting angle often preferred for reaching. On my genoa track I have mounted lead and turning blocks for spinnakers and all upwind sails, an adjustable EZ glide jib lead system, a track mounted mid ships cleat, a slider for the spinnaker twing controller... and something else I can't think of at the moment. Oh, did I forget to say a genoa track is pretty darn handy.

Attachments