Registered users don't see ads

Ranger 12'

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by jdgmbi1, Jan 5, 2015. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Bryson

Bryson

Joined Jul 20, 2018
    1 posts, 0 likes
    Ranger Ranger 12’
    Sheri Us Fox island
    New to the forum, I as well am a new owner of a Ranger 12’. It was gifted to me by a former boss of a father in law, so initially I accepted the offer of the “small sailing boat” sight unseen just to honor my father in law’s gift. He fix the trailer and put new tires on it, then showed up at my house after towing it from Wenatchee 3 hours away!
    I learned how to sail in the Minto ranger, so when I saw it, the little boy in me giggled. I was thrilled. I still had reservations, but as he unload all of the accessories and I realized it was almost sail ready, those reservations evaporated.
    The tiller rudder combo needs the cap reattached and the cleats for the halyards are missing. That’s about it for projects. It came with sails and wood spars?(the boom and mast are wood).
    So Evan S if you need sails to get a stencil from, I am just south about an hour on fox island.

2. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,897 posts, 2,061 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA
    Welcome to the forum Bryson... Being a “Father in Law” I can understand your trepidation at the man showing up with a “gift”. But in this case it looks like you are one very lucky son-in-law.

Have fun on your new boat. Share your ideas with us here. So much fun.

Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.
Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.