Question on deck panel removal

Gdindy

Jul 11, 2007
Hunter 410 Washington Park Marina, Michigan City, Indiana
Greetings, I have a Hunter 410 that I purchased used. The panel on the deck of the floor between the helm station and the walk through transom is removable it is also the area the emergency tiller fitting cap is held. I dropped a wine cork down the water exit in the cockpit (wine is safe) and need to remove the panel to retrieve the cork so it does not block drainage and just generally clean out the area under this panel. How does it remove? Pull out or pop up or a combo of both or neither? Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think on my H356 the panel was held down with screws which were fairly easily removed. Mine was a 2002 so yours may be different but the description you gave seems just like mine. Oh yes, and I remember there was an obstacle to lifting out the panel - maybe the shower, or some other accessory. I had to remove that first.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
two screws in the back on the swim platform. Slides back then pull up. Make sure you caulk the screws when you put it back.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
2 screws on back maybe 4 top of floor than it just slides out back until it gets lifted up

Gdindy

Jul 11, 2007
Hunter 410 Washington Park Marina, Michigan City, Indiana
Thanks everyone!! I will remove screws, slide back and pop up as soon as temp gets above 40. On hard at Lake Michigan, but hoping for thaw soon!

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
It does on my 2005 Hunter 38, but the screws in the cockpit were always leaking, so I did away with them.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
For what its worth, when you have it out its the perfect time to inspect the steering cables, lubricate anything that needs lubricated and generally inspect an area that you don't normally access. As othes have said, there are several screws that hold it down. I had to pull it back about a foot or two and then could lift it up to remove. Just make sure you do't fall off the back of the swim platform when you do! I just aobut took a swim when it gave way a little as it was tight and then suddenly let go. One person can do it easiily

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 340 Forked River, NJ
Yes, the panel on the 340 is removed the same way.
Remember to caulk the screws when you put them back in or you will get an overhead drip in the aft cabin.
Shound be obvious but be careful not to drop the whole panel overboard when you pull it back out over the transom.