Pulpit + Piling + Tornado =

PGIJon

Mar 3, 2012
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
Result of a tornado last night here in Punta Gorda. Not a lot of damage around us other then trees down some of which littered in the canal and outdoor furniture broken. Could have been a lot worse....
20170314_074822.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sorry for your damage.

Did your boat strike a pilling?

PGIJon

Mar 3, 2012
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
Yes... 5 years here and never a problem even with a few hurricanes in the region..... just one baby tornado..... Thank goodness it wasn't worse. City already here clearing the canals from trees....

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Wow!... Kind of scary. Are the nuts on the stanchion base accessible from inside the boat? I guess you need to just scrap that one.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
We've been soooo lucky when it comes to tornadoes here in Oz. The boatyard is at the mercy of the weather. With all of the nearby grass fires, I wish we were in the water!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Doesn't look too bad.. probably can be "massaged" back into shape by a good shop..
Great that boat wasn't damaged..

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
IMG_1328.JPG "I wish I was in the land of cotton. (aka Punta Gorda) Old times there are not forgotten."

PGIJon

Mar 3, 2012
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
Are the nuts on the stanchion base accessible from inside the boat?
Outside! Also here is picture showing something I've never seen before... The leaf was flying so fast that it wrapped around and impaled itself.
20170314_185126.jpg

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Ouch, but like you said, it could have been worse. Will be interested to hear how this all works out with your insurance carrier.

PGIJon

Mar 3, 2012
Hunter 34 Punta Gorda
RGranger.... Your right about one tough lady!
Charlie... Glad to hear Tom was spared.
Sailm8... I'm assuming you were spared too..... Great post... I'll read it later today.
Dalliance.... I called the Progressive Monday Morning the claims person called me around noon time. Their Boating expert showed up early Tuesday afternoon and provided initial estimates for both boats and said a check would be in the mail. He indicated that his initial estimate were only a starting point in order to get the ball rolling. If there are any changes, I should have the person/company doing the work give him a call and he would make up any difference directly with them. I believe he was off by about 25%. However, so far I am very pleased with Progressive response! The other big plus was the diminishing deductible. After so many years with them, this claim has a 0 deductible. We'll see how it concludes.
-Jon

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
That is good to know Jon. We have the same insurer. Have never had to make a claim yet. Knock on wood.