Protect Stainless

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Following Maine's advice I used Spotless Stainless on almost all of my boats SS rigging. Blocks, shackles, tangs, nuts and bolts, etc. It worked best when I could coat an item and put it in a gallon baggy to keep it damp. Then just hose it off.

When it came to railing and stanchions, it was harder to put on and keep it moist for it to work. Then I tried Flitz metal polish on the railings and stanchions. I was very happy with those results as well. Giving the boat a fresh water rinse after a sail really helps to keep the slight surface rust from reappearing.

Now I keep both Spotless Stainless and Flitz metal polish with my cleaning supplies.

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Like Maine said, keeping it from drying out is the key. I wrap small parts in a damp paper towel. I'll use a damp rag on exterior parts that I can't remove.
Any thoughts on cleaning a brushed satin SS compression post? Spotless Stainless didn't seem to work as well on the rust that's forming on it.

Feb 11, 2006
Hunter 34 Galveston,Texas
If you are just looking to shine up.Get a can of Never Dull.It will polish right up.
Never Dull is easy to find.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Collinit 850 cleaner and wax 2 times a year and spotless on all the hard to get area’s both work great.
Nick