Proposed new home for SBO and members

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I guess the membership dues have just gone up considerably. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from my banker.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Actually the U.S. Sailing Museum just voted to move out of the house they were using on the dock in Annapolis. That leaves vacant a nice place for an SBO PlayHouse. No more having to browse the bars of Annapolis looking for SBO TEE shirts.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My ultimate goal in life has always been to live like a James Bond villain. Lifestyle, not the job. I always wondered why, when you have the underwater base with the submarine and the private island filled with servants, do toy stil feel the need to go out and try making more money through conflict with nations? I guess they must all be leveraged up to their eyeballs to maintain their lifestyle.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Lots of sail area in the middle part.. should go to weather like the dickens..

Apr 26, 2018
Catalina Catalina 30 Bayview
questions:

1. Where are the solar panels?

2. How frequent are the pump outs allowed for that kind of tankage in Puget Sound?

3. Can they use synthetic oil in the engine or Dino oil?

4. Do they have fake grass to let our dogs poop and pee on?

Apr 26, 2018
Catalina Catalina 30 Bayview
Lame attempt at humor. There was a big thread on the "environmental danger" and legalities of recreational boaters not directly pumping out into Puget sound while Vancouver and Seattle's mixed sewers pour out untreated sewage at huge volumes.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Lots of sail area in the middle part.. should go to weather like the dickens..
I like it. Just a slight design tweak and the hull can double as a rigid sail.
3. Can they use synthetic oil in the engine or Dino oil?
All electric with induction coils lining the hull. Once she gets going, the ionized seawater moving against the hull generates electricity while the paint is photovoltaic.
What would be the best anchor? All chain rode?
No anchor, GPS with 4 full rotation electric power plants to keep her in place.
Just my guess based on what I would design.
And Yes, we need a bigger helicopter.
And a beach with a volcano.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Lame attempt at humor. There was a big thread on the "environmental danger" and legalities of recreational boaters not directly pumping out into Puget sound while Vancouver and Seattle's mixed sewers pour out untreated sewage at huge volumes.
I got it :)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually the U.S. Sailing Museum just voted to move out of the house they were using on the dock in Annapolis. That leaves vacant a nice place for an SBO PlayHouse. No more having to browse the bars of Annapolis looking for SBO TEE shirts.
Y'all got TEE shirts?

:what:

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston