Propane tanks that fit the c22 New Design Fuel Locker

Jul 28, 2018
Catalina 22 TX
True about the shut off valve. Do you close the valve and let it run it self out?
A valve can still be added after the T, and if the bottles are then unscrewed and re-capped, the carrier and bottles could all be stowed in the locker when it's not too hot.

Oct 21, 2015
Catalina 22 Lafayette, IN
If I am just going out sailing for an hour or so, I just shut down the motor. If I am out longer and/or overnighting, I shut off at the tank, letting the engine suck out the remaining propane (at idle takes about 1 minute). That way there is nothing left in the lines to leak and if I need to remove the tank, no propane blowout. If I am going to be away longer, I disconnect the tank and store elsewhere (usually home). I feel more comfortable limiting the times that I have pressurized propane in the rubber supply line. I am not an expert, but I think on boats with larger propane tanks and integral appliances, the boat code discourages any fittings (tees, valves, even shut-offs) after the tank. I suppose the thought is the more fittings you have, the more places to leak! So I bought an adapter with an integral shut off, and I make sure everything is tight before I start the engine, when I shut it off, and before I leave/sleep on the boat.