Problems with updating NOAA charts in OpenCpn

MitchK

Sep 22, 2017
Capital Yachts Newport 28 Burbank, WA
Hello all, not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. So please forgive if it is not. I have been using OpenCPN on my desktop, laptop and until July of last year, on a Sony Experia Z2 tablet with no problems. I use it primarily for anticipated depths on an inland river. I ended up breaking the tablet, and purchased another one for use on the boat. I did install the OpenCPN app, but that was as far as I got due to other pressing issues. Yesterday, I tried to finish setting it up, and for whatever reason, when trying to download the NOAA charts for my area, I keep getting errors. I was using the pay version and it had been working fine, but it gives the afore mentioned errors. So I deleted that version, and installed the free version. I can actually get it to load the chart files, but it keeps crashing. My brother-in-law has the same tablet, and up until recently, it has been working correctly too.So with that said, has anyone else been experiencing errors when trying to update the NOAA chart files on an android based device? Again, the program works perfectly on the desk top and laptop. For now, I will use the laptop (Panasonic Tough book) until I can get this sorted out.
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move as necessary.
Thanks
Mitch

MitchK

Sep 22, 2017
Capital Yachts Newport 28 Burbank, WA
Thanks for the reply and direction to the appropriate group. I will re-post it the appropriate section.

Mitch