Preview please the suggested draft of mast raising with suggesions.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
So often I am asked about mast raising that I have written a draft with a disclaimer.
I am asking those who currently or have owned Hunter water ballast sailboats to review and make suggestions to incorporate this into these suggested instructions. Once done, I will rewrite and post. They will be placed with all related Hunters with supplied mast raising equipment supplied by Hunter only.

Mainsail, I posted this in the small boats as well but in this instance please allow as I am trying to cover in both at the same time. Many thanks sir.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2012
Hunter 23.5 Indian Lake
Dave, great article, the only comment I have is in regard to the struts, the 23.5 have struts you included it with the smaller Hunters that do not have struts.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I will review and be making changes. I know the 23.5 oh too well. There s a photo of hull 1 with my daughter and I in the photos with Everett getting ready to leave the factory. I was instrumental in the mast raising system with Hunter. Thank you very much and when done will put them on line and also under boat info for the Hunter sailboats appropriate for that.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Folks the final draft for mast raising is attached but still open for suggestions.. I incorporated suggestions with a couple not addressed for my concerns but overall most of them were. I am still open for suggestions as they are applicable only to the hunter sailboats that came with the mast raise system. Once the final draft is done, I will post them to the appropriate smaller boats so new owners get a better perspective on how to do this.

Attachments