Power of Rebuilt Atomic-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Ted

Time to get ugly . . .

One would think that the repair shop would correct the problem at no further charge to you. There are laws in most states that govern consumer protection, and generally fall into the catagory of "fitness for use". If they took your money in exchange for re-building your engine, the final results should be "fit for use". You may want to contact your consumer protection agencies, better business bureaus, and the like. You also may want to threaten (promise) the repair shop with this sort of action unless they live up to their end of the $5k bargain. Regards, Ted

C

curtis

a little help

leon , I have a 1074 c27 at marina del sol on the south shore,if you need help e-mail me @ cspacek@sbcglobal.net.white smoke is normal on starting a new engine the smoke should subside significantly in about 30 minutes of run time . power is related to point gap , timing and fuel delivery.how old is the fuel in the tank ? what is the engine rpm at max throttle (2500-3000rpm is normal )hull speed is around 8knts . i got mine running after sitting in the stall for 6 years and it runs fine , parts are available at lakewood yatchs on the north shore of clear lake on nasa rd 1 just west of the O'rileys auto parts . they are a distributaor for atomic engine parts , carb kits , points , wires etc . check fuel volume and pressure 3-5psi , does the gas still smell like gas ? bad gas will steal your power . points not gapped properly will give a weak spark and diminish performance significantly , restricted exhoust will do the same , generally if the points are set right and the fuel is good the only thing left is timing which is everything !!!

S

Stu Jackson C34 #224 1986

Keep the Lawyers Out

Gee, Ted, why let your fangs hang out? C'mon, it's a BOAT. Leon, keep working TOGETHER, with your shop, learn as much as you can, and get it fixed. So, it's "holiday" time, how about a little cheer here? G'night... Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.