Posting pictures

Jan 13, 2019
Lockley Newport 23 Portman Marina
Hey all, thanks for all the encouragement and advice/suggestions. I have been trying to figure how to get my photos on here to post a few so you know where I started and where I'm at now with the refit. Any suggestions would be much appreciated . I know it's probably a simple fix, but for the life of me, I'm missing it. Help please! And much thanks

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
On the part where you type your message, right next to the "post reply" it says "upload a file" click there and follow directions. It'll take the pic from your hard drive

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I have an Apple computer, so it gets a little more complicated. I have to find the photo in "Photos", then drag it to my desktop. Then I go to the post and do what Charlie Jones said. I click on "upload file", and a window for "recents" comes up, meaning recent imports to desktop. I choose the photo I want, hit "use" and it shows up on the post reply. Then choose either Thumbnail for all photos or full version for all photos. This works for me, but it may not be the best way of posting photos.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If you use a storage service such as google photos, you'll want to download them locally first. Also, there is a 2MB size limit. Large photos are not always welcome because of load times.
If you are trying to insert an image from an internet source, use the photo icon at the top of the input/edit box and paste in the URL.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 13, 2019
Thank you guys, I'll try that when I get back home Monday. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help those of us less experienced who have this goal and know that there is more to this world to be discovered via water and sail. You don't intimidate---you encourage and help. To this I say, THANK YOU, ALL!!!

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Thank you guys, I'll try that when I get back home Monday. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help those of us less experienced who have this goal and know that there is more to this world to be discovered via water and sail. You don't intimidate---you encourage and help. To this I say, THANK YOU, ALL!!!
Hey- NONE of us began knowing it all. i started sailing in 1957, and I'm still learning. I stand on a LOT of shoulders, as do many of us

Jan 13, 2019
You bring back up something that I learned 28 years ago. I was on the road for 25 years as a road musician. During this time, I had the the good fortune to work with the late great Marty Robbins steel guitar player. I asked him one night for some advice in the business as a player... He had at least 20 years on me. His response was: "When you think you have learned it all and no one can teach you anything, that's when it's time to quit." Words to live by.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Someone took a great shot of a boat Jon. Hope that is your boat cause if it was a race you had a clear lead and clear air...Can not ask for much more.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
On my mac after clicking upload file, I have access to any image that is stored as a jpeg file, on my hard drive. Desktop, folders in various categories, downloads stored, all fair game. As long as they are sized to less than 1600pixels wide, or so, they'll load on here. Full sized files won't load, you have to size them, first.

I try to size them to 1200 to make them easy to view. And while you're in there sizing in whatever program or app, try to level the horizon. :)

Jan 13, 2019
Hey everyone! I am sorry for the delay in attempting to post pictures of "Selah." Finally pulled together some to show you where it began back in 2006 when we got her on salvage. She had dragged her anchor during a storm and was pushed up on an island on her side--freshwater. The owner didn't want to mess with her and didn't pay for the salvage. The person who pulled her off the island back to dock just wanted to recoup his cost so my late wife and I got her for $400.00. I am attempting to send you before (2006) and now in my driveway while I work on her.

Attachments

Jan 13, 2019
Sorry for the delay in the present day photo...have to try and resize it.