Pop Top Holder that uses mainsail slug track

Mar 14, 2018
MacGreggor 26D Boise, Idaho
My pop top came with a small U shaped angled bracket that slipped into the mainsail's slug track up the mast and then cupped under the pop top's downward facing edge to hold the pop top forward. There also was a drilled hole in pop top that I could use a screw to screw into this U shaped bracket, but never needed to, preferring just a piece of twisted wire to keep it in place.

I am having a pretty hard time finding a replacement for this mechanism to keep the pop top up against the mast. My plan is a davis round sail track stop and then try to find or bend another U shaped bracket and drill a hole so the Davis sail track stop fits on the top leg of one side of the U, and then the other slips up the lip of the pop top and screws in the other.... but with my list of projects if someone knows of where to buy one of these, that would save a lot of time.

Thanks again ya'll!

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Our Mac had something similar but the front of the pop top that "would" hook on was.....well.....missing (broken). The PO drilled the pop top support arms and made two cross braces that pop in with some wing nuts and bolts. Super secure setup IMO. I'll be in the boat after the weekend and can post pics if you like.

May 3, 2018
macgregor 26S trailer sailed from Kitimat
Do you require a picture of the device to fabricate something that will work for you, mine stays on the mast track but its easy to remove and get pictures for you