Pop Top Enclosure

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
How do you guys take up the slack in the poptop enclosure? Mine droops pretty badly.

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
I can get better tomorrow if you need them. If you look at the canvas pop top its sags. I know Im not the only one with this issue.
0515181243_HDR.jpg 0516180929_HDR.jpg

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Mine is pretty tight.
If the legs of the hatch are in the right spot at the front of the slider. That rear frame fits in the holes on everside of the hatch. I cut my rear frame in half and added a metal dowl to one side so I can store it under a cabin seat.
Also I didn't know you could get a White pop top. Thought they were all blue.?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Mine is tight, too. I’ve never had that issue. Can you get a canvas place to recut and resew it for you?

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
I believe that the back bow should have a bend in it to make it sweep back from vertical. From the pic it looks like the aft end of the enclosure is vertical.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Not sure if you are the original owner or if this is new so I am going blind on this. Does the aluminum bow or rail is sticking straight up or does it have a bend on top of that rail? Photo of rail please

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
Thanks for the replies, the aluminum rail is bent. I am the original owner. I have also tried to adjust the poptop supports to no avail.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
is the bend portion facing outward toward the cockpit? If So can you take a close up so I can see what is going on. I was involved with that design when it was measured by the manufacturer.

Jul 5, 2018
Hunter 240 Lees Summit MO
Does anyone know if this pop top enclosure can be bought with the aft curtain lowering all the way to the cockpit floor? Ideally I'd like it to have a zipper door similar to a tent and not mess with the hatch boards at all when the enclosure is on.

Kivalo

Jun 5, 2011
Hunter 260 Owasco Lake
Does anyone know if this pop top enclosure can be bought with the aft curtain lowering all the way to the cockpit floor? Ideally I'd like it to have a zipper door similar to a tent and not mess with the hatch boards at all when the enclosure is on.
Mine did not however there is a screen portion that zippers on the upper half and snaps on the lower half.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
I think mine has a solid and mesh has snaps on the lower half as well .
You could have a zip sewn into the mesh

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
something is definitely odd about your installation. My recollection is that the bar should protrude vertically from the hole in the companionway slider and then the bend should sweep it back.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
He is asking about companio way screen cover. Sent p m whom to contact that can answer his question as recollection me thinks it was done

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Is this picture good enough?
View attachment 150974
It sure looks like the legs are not seated down all the way. I don't have an enclosure, but I checked my H26 and there is a hole on top where the support would insert, and then the bottom part of the rod would be held vertical in an indentation, making the bent part lean aft. In your pic it looks like the bottom part is not vertical, if it was it looks like the slack would be taken out. Are you absolutely sure you have the supports seated all the way down?