Registered users don't see ads

Pokit is back in stock!

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by Justin_NSA, Feb 13, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Justin_NSA

Justin_NSA

Joined Jul 7, 2004
    5,457 posts, 1,118 likes
    Hunter 30T
    US Cheney, KS
    "The world's smallest wireless multimeter, DSO and logger"
    There have been at least a couple other threads on this device back in the past. I just got an email that says they are back in stock. They are offering a 10% discount if you use code : POK-WELCOME
    If it performs as advertised, it could be a handy tool for chasing elusive gremlins with the logger feature. I have not used one so I am no authority on it. If you have, let us know what you think.

https://pokitmeter.com/?utm_source=...-30020155&mc_cid=def6e39a29&mc_eid=5584c0294e

[​IMG]

capta and arf145 like this.
  2. dlochner

dlochner

Joined Jan 11, 2014
    3,438 posts, 1,579 likes
    Sabre 362
    113 US Fair Haven, NY
    I have one. It works, it's small, I haven't used it much. Besides being small, the nice feature is the remote display. With a standard multimeter there is always the juggling of the leads and the device so it can be seen. I don't know that I really have a use for it other than its a cool piece of kit. If I read the manual correctly, the oscilloscope function only works to 60v AC. I was hoping it would work at a higher voltage so I could check the inverter output.

capta and Justin_NSA like this.
  3. uncledom

uncledom

Joined Jun 11, 2011
    1,130 posts, 243 likes
    Hunter 41
    US Lewes
    The web site says only 42V AC.

4. Ken Cross

Ken Cross

Joined Oct 24, 2010
    1,918 posts, 307 likes
    Hunter 30
    US Everett, WA
    Build a resistance bridge to increase the upper range. Easy and cheap. It would only require a few resistors. I looked over their website to try to find out what the input impedance is and was unable to find it. This is a basic spec for any meter and should be easily located. The impedance would be required to build a proper bridge for higher voltage measurements. Without it, I'm just guessing.

looking at their "Join the community" posts, it looks like customer service isn't their strong point. Lots of complaints, not lots of help. I tried to create an account to talk to them and that also was unsuccessful.

Ken

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. dlochner

dlochner

Joined Jan 11, 2014
    3,438 posts, 1,579 likes
    Sabre 362
    113 US Fair Haven, NY
    Ken, I bought mine during their Kickstarter campaign. They have been pretty good with posting updates and keeping their backers informed. This is a start-up, so I would expect some hiccups along the way.

Justin_NSA likes this.
  6. Justin_NSA

Justin_NSA

Joined Jul 7, 2004
    5,457 posts, 1,118 likes
    Hunter 30T
    US Cheney, KS

7. chuckwayne

chuckwayne

Joined Mar 20, 2004
    1,517 posts, 56 likes
    Hunter 356 and 216
    US Portland, ME
    works great, I also was a kickstarter buyer and yes, they are a startup so they may be working out the support side, but they've been good online. recommended!

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!