POCKET MAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Wescoat

We just complete a trip from New Jersey to Florida. We met alot of cruisers with pocket mail and need some information. What are you using? Who is your server? Who has best price and best service? Thanks for any help...Happy holidays... Ken on the Summer Breeze

D

David Hirtle

Try going to Radio Shack. I understand that they have this product and the server package. We did not use this tool on out trip south but we will next time!

N

Nycole Gaudreault

I have used pocket mail service for a period of 3 months during my vacations last summer - As long as you are in the United States where public phones are very accessible, I find this way of communication extremely interesting and cheap; You are limited to 4000 characters per message but you can send and receive as many messages as you wish. There are various plans sumitted by pocket mails and the service is very good. If you are going out of the USA, for example in the Bahamas or Caribbeans, we are talking differently and it might end up extremely costly, which friends are actually experimenting -

J

J. Hrab

Pocketmail.com

Just look up www.pocketmail.com it has all the information, availability, price

R

Russell Wakefield

What is "Pocket Mail/"

Is Pocket Mail a portable e-mail device?

J

John

Best way is cell phone

We use our PocketMail extensively on our month-long cruise every summer. We found that using it with a cell phone switched to analog will transfer many messages in less than a minute and you don't even have to leave the boat. This requires a tri-mode cell phone. We use Verizon, but most others are capable of that too. We use Yahoo to forward our home email account to the PocketMail account so we can stay in touch as necessary. We mainly send back a daily log of our travels to our family and friends. We have the Verizon Great Lakes 5 state plan so when we are cruising the lakes we don't have phone charges other than our monthly minutes. The same cell system works in the Carribean so you don't have to mess with all the international numbers. One call does it all.

D

Dick

Pocketmail from Alive And Free

We have used pocketmail for over three years on the waterway and in the Bahamas. Works great. From the Bahamas you are best to use in conjunction with a walmart ATT phone card. Simple operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.