Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Re: Here's a couple of Renasci over the years

She's a beauty. Both before and after.

FredV

Oct 16, 2011
Hunter 37-cutter Philadelphia, PA
How about some interior shots, too?

Have probably browsed through the photos here and in Owner Photo Albums and Owner Modifications over a dozen times, and am constantly struck by how beautiful this boat is!

Got some great ideas for my own 37-C restoration project, and am very grateful to the many forum members for their generosity in sharing them. Since I'm probably not the only one looking for inspiration for the interior as well, maybe you would share some photos of your 37-C's insides?

Here's what I started out with:

FredV_2.jpg FredV_3.jpg FredV_4.jpg FredV_5.jpg
FredV_6.jpg

Mar 30, 2009
Hunter Cherubini 37-cutter Bayfield, Lake Huron
New Canvas

Freshly installed. Wheel cover, dodger, bimini, connector piece. main and staysail covers.

-only 2 straps, from the front-dodger down to the coaming. No straps anywhere else. Dodger and bimini are supported by frame.
-Bimini has external side-support keeping it tight ( future home for solar and antennas )
-dodger has lexan windows with snap-on sunbrella covers. middle widow can fold back and zipper to the top-inside of the dodger
-dodger side rails

It looks so much better than the previous pram hood, and moving forward is no longer risky. ( Update - old picture added )

Work was done by Genco in Mississauga, Ontario

Attachments

Last edited:

JimBr

Dec 28, 2007
Hunter 37-C Grand River, OH
Leben ist gut

We did some major deck work in 2012 and part of 2012. She is now in very fine shape and looking good. I returned the main traveller to cockpit and have not been sorry. These are such great boats.

Jin Bridgens
SV Leben ist gut
1980 H37C Hull ID # 143.

Attachments

Tac

Dec 15, 2007
Hunter 37C isleton , CA
my 1979 Hunter 37 At anchor

my boat Purchased 12/16/2012
To go with my other post (video of your H37c) I decided to start a post where we can show how beautifull our h37c are. This is also a good chance for all of us to see more of these boats, because there a not ton of pictures over the net. I'll start with a picture of my boat that was sent to me by a very kind gentleman who took the picture from his appartement building while we where sailing past him.

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Re: my 1979 Hunter 37 At anchor

Nice pictures Tac... extra points for the Bahamian mooring! You must be in a river with a tide change?

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 37 Cutter St. Joseph, Michigan
Here is "Story Time" on our last sail of the 2013 season. Strong winds and lots of waves on Lake Michigan. A lovely day.

Jim

Jan 2, 2009
Gulfstar 50 ketch holland
pic missing

Hey Jim, no pic? I don't have any on my phone can post something tonight for you.:D

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
To go with my other post (video of your H37c) I decided to start a post where we can show how beautifull our h37c are. This is also a good chance for all of us to see more of these boats, because there a not ton of pictures over the net. I'll start with a picture of my boat that was sent to me by a very kind gentleman who took the picture from his appartement building while we where sailing past him.

recent pix taken by a lady who crews on a 37 c on Lake Champlain during the summer.

Attachments

Miyako

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 37C Baltimore
X Ta Sea is Back in Service

Thanks,
She was in bad shape. I spent a year working on her and we just went out for the first time this past month. What a nice ride!!!

Tac

Dec 15, 2007
Hunter 37C isleton , CA
Hunter 37c SF bay 2014

Headed to SF bay from Delta Owl Harbor Marina. for 12 day cruise around the bay. Not much wind the entire time but was able to put the spinnaker up on the way home all down wind and reaching for around 54 NM was a nice sail.

Attachments

Tac

Dec 15, 2007
Hunter 37C isleton , CA
spinnaker up will set boat for for pole next year.

Headed to SF bay from Delta Owl Harbor Marina. for 12 day cruise around the bay. Not much wind the entire time but was able to put the spinnaker up on the way home all down wind and reaching for around 54 NM was a nice sail.

Attachments

Dec 11, 2012
Hunter 37-cutter Gulfport, FL (St. Pete)
Nice!

Nice! But what's a spinnaker? LOL

Tac

Dec 15, 2007
Hunter 37C isleton , CA
Re: Nice!

Well As far as I can tell a Spinnaker is a few things. 1 more money 2 ands to project list to set boat up to use spinnaker pole so you can o yes control and trim the sail properly O yea and the best one 3 fastest way I can get the boat to travel down wind as I find my cutters fore sails don't run well wing in wing with the mainsail up. 4 fun and adds some more O **** moments in sailing life aswell.