Photoday!! A Guillemot's wake.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I always figured once you name them it’s hard to eat them.
It's harder not to name them. They aren't a business. I don't name the meat chickens because they all look the same and there are too many to keep track of. I refer to them collectively as meaties.
I much prefer the layers because I don't have to think about having to kill them.
20170905_091846.jpg

Another picture for photoday. They all have names. I don't remember them all, but they are written down.

A quick tip for cruising sailors.
Eggs are a really good cruising food because they keep for a couple of weeks unrefrigerated, 4 or more with refrigeration. That is store bought eggs. Store eggs are already over a month old by the time you get them out of their cooler, so, if you can find someone selling fresh eggs right from their own coop, you can expect to get over 2 months storage out of refrigerated eggs. Three weeks or more from unrefrigerated eggs.

That should get you across an ocean on fresh eggs.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Back to photos. Had my photography freak son aboard 1 day last summer . He and his girlfriend took some 400 photos as I circled osprey nests and the light at south end of Hart-Miller island. Food fight and shadows.
FB_IMG_1516574298949.jpg
FB_IMG_1516574298949.jpg
FB_IMG_1516574365075.jpg
FB_IMG_1516574322143.jpg
FB_IMG_1516574341870.jpg

Jul 13, 2010
Thanks. He is a veterinarian and focus eses ( ha!) On wildlife phots,selling online. But in my position as host for the day, didn't bother me to borrow them!

Jul 13, 2010
Seeing the eagle photos reminded me of something. The son of a good friend of mine is the curator ( or manager?) of an eagle nest camera set up on the Anacostia River in D.C. . One day while watching he saw that the parent eagles had invited a cat to lunch in their nest. He immediately cut the feed to the website then he zoomed in on the cat and was able to read the collar tags. He had to contact the owners, " are you missing a cat?, Well, he's been found but....."