Add twist
-or-
Reduce twist
-or-
Reef
-or-
Have your sail recut
-or-
I've heard of a loose-footed main but this seems to be a loose-headed main.
-or-
Starboard!
-or-
Maybe sailing really is a weapon of stress reduction

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Worthless ? nope. Priceless. Hell yeah. IMO that's the whole point.

What's the river boat on the bank in the last photo ?

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Bravo!...and I see you've assigned the going forward/hard work to the Admiral!!! (I gotta work on that)...

T_Cat

Aug 8, 2014
Catalina 22 1987 New Design. 14133 "LadyHawke" Modesto CA
Looks good to me.
Tough year for me sailing. Kids only want to go out on the motorboat...

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
Did I mention I love this forum? I scrutinized my photos knowing I would get some good hearted and well deserverd grief :) @Kermit -- we are actually on the hook in the chill picture, and I had not tidied up after dumping the main-- had a couple of random sail ties, and still haven't figured out exactly how I want to tie the head and keep the halyard clear.

@Leeward Rail : also wondered if anyone would notice the paddlewheeler-- the video on the link is the actual dock you see in my photo: https://www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/vessels/american-empress/ Not sure its worth a few grand to cruise the Columbia-- but each to his or her own. I like my way better.

@Jackdaw : Admiral has a full kit of all things Helly Hansen-- I prefer to buy it once and have it forever. Love Helly... and the Spinlocks are great-- took a gamble on it without having had one in hand, but we both like ours.

And just to prove it-- we sailed a a bit as well. I still need a boom vang and new traveler-- but the cunnigham has helped dramatically in the short term. Next season !

File_002 (1).jpeg

File_000 (1).jpeg

Last edited: