Passage 42 front plexiglass screen- replacement?

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Has anyone had one of these large one piece panels made- it is curved in two directions so needs to be baked and the maker needs a template, so wondering if anyone knows of any plexiglass place that may have this template so they can make me a replacement?

Jul 25, 2004
Hunter 42 currently in New Zealand
Hi Eian, I had one made in 1999 or 2000. I cannot remember the name of the outfit that actually manufactured it, but it was the same outfit that Hunter used to make them originally. Hunter owned the template, but the subcontractor had it in their possession and made the windscreen. I ordered it directly through Hunter, and they arranged the manufacture of it. It was shipped in a HUGE box, and arrived at my marina in San Diego on an 18-wheeler. It was quite the transport arrangement. I would expect that a direct contact with Hunter could get you on track. If not, let me know and I'll see if I have the receipt for it on my boat when I get back to her in NZ in February.

And on an off-topic note, how is your water tank internal paint repair holding up? I have all the paint and parts ready to go on mine in a couple of months, and I was just wondering how that paint was adhering through time.

Best,
Paul

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
water tank repair still appears to be 100% successful- the preparation i think was the key to success. I might come over and give you a hand- when are you back down?