Pacific Northwest Cruise - 2018

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Thanks. Fun year. Cute grandkids. I’m looking forward to the time I can have my grandkids on the boat.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Great times, great video. Thanks. Brings back some memories for me. I actually was sent off in nostalgia land when I saw those shroud pin boards.
20180219_142838.jpg

Our pins weren't removable.

Also, it's been decades since I've seen a hydroplane like those at the beginning.

You're a lucky guy. Beautiful trip, beautiful family, beautiful boat.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
You're a lucky guy. Beautiful trip, beautiful family, beautiful boat.
Thanks, Will. PNW a wonderful venue. In the scope of things, we remind ourselves often at how lucky we are. Few get to experience what we consider as routine.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
we remind ourselves often at how lucky we are. Few get to experience what we consider as routine.
I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I do that where we live, as well. Few sights are as wondrous as our home mountains and the drive through them when returning from some exotic local.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 25, 2000
The route as shown on your plotter
Unless the flotilla has a different plan, these past few cruising seasons I've left Shelter Bay on an early ebb with a layover in Eagle Harbor. Then head north on a flood to Semiahmoo, clear at White Rock the next day. Depending upon a rendezvous point, this year it was Pirates Cove, I'll sail across on a flood to Porlier Pass. After that Dodd Narrows, then Nanaimo. After Nanaimo we typically sail across Georgia Strait to Secret Cove, or Garden Bay, then north to Sturt Bay, to Lund, etc.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2000
Terry, do you have a track?
Hi Mark, does that answer your track question? In years past when John Lund was a part of the group he and I would head north to Cornet Bay, then through Deception Pass and up San Juan Channel to Poets Cove and clear at Bedwell. From there we would sail up Swansons Channel either to Ganges or if conditions were in our favor to Pirates Cove where the rest of the flotilla (Colin Banks and Bob Barker) waited.

Typically, Colin will head out before I can get away, either with family who want to cruise the Islands, or this year to haul and redo the bottom before casting off. We're never in any hurry, so I'll catch up with the flotilla wherever. Hope this helps. Please let me know where I can clarify.