Owner registry

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
Greetings! My name is John, proud new owner if a Catalina 18.

How do you enter a boat in the owners registry?
I can't figure it out.

I also have a hunter boat registered in the hunter owners directory that I haven't owned for years!

Mar 21, 2017
None 30 Usa
John, I am also owner of a 18 catalina, bought on a whim, but diligent in bringing it back to its former glory or better, 1987.
Does not appear to be much out there for us? I will be replacing the cracked rudder with Ruddercraft unit. Sorting sails, about complete on exterior teak going away, interior all 3-5 coats clear semi gloss urethane. Kids say, it's a p.o.s. boat not a Hinkley.
. But I can dream.
Know Ann Arbor, retired Federal Mogul, BUT in Texas.
Former owner Catalina 27. ,(527) Catalina 30 (204) a bunch of other ⛵.
Advise if anything can do or U find a active group for the 18'.

Mar 28, 2015
Catalina 18 273 Pine Beach NJ
Hi! So far this is the only active site I have seen for Catalina 18's. There used to be one on the Catalina sites but it does not come up anymore. Not that many of us out there,I guess. I have a 1988 Catalina Capri 18;have been sailing it for the last 20 years. It sails and handles well,is very stable and comfortable but it is not a fast boat. It also has some weather helm. The cockpit seating and cabin are both very roomy for a boat of just 18 feet. Over the years I have come to appreciate her more and more. I usually sail by myself or with my daughter. It is easy to get out in and easy to put away,and costs very little in cash and effort to maintain. Good luck with your new boat. You will have a lot of fun sailing her. Jeff

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2017
None 30 Usa
?Weather helm, Do U have the goofy tack point for the main on the back stay? Never sailed it, but my rebuild will include adjustable back stay, control of the main with a travler I have "in my head". 20 yrs since I sailed, but before that came close to loosing wife etc because of passion for sail. I look at boat, say "has to sail flat, max 20 deg." Thus will work to control main.
Target, comfortable day sail, potrta potty (lady's), decent anchor, place to cool a beer, place to nap. Bill

Mar 28, 2015
Catalina 18 273 Pine Beach NJ
Yes,my mainsheet comes off the backstay. I don't like it much,but I understand why they did it that way. I am planning to,at some time,install a traveler from a Catalina 22. They are available new but are not inexpensive. They do show up on e-bay sometimes. Here and there I do make some improvements when time and the wallet allow. Jeff