Outhaul replacement line

Apr 29, 2016
Hunter 27 Atwood Lake, OH
Looks like you removed the spring loaded cleats for the reefing lines and added horn cleats on the boom. The spring loaded cleats were not a great design, IMHO. Boom looks great! Got me wondering what a "mail sheet" was. I did a google search before realizing it was a typo!
Yes and last winter we stepped the mast and installed a halyard organizer plate under the mast step and are in the process of running lines to the cockpit. I'll post some photos of that soon.

allanb

Oct 26, 2017
Hunter 27 1978 Seattle
Looks like you would benefit from the stainless plates that keep the line from jumping off the sheave in that case since most of the time you would have no tension on those lines.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2016
Hunter 27 Atwood Lake, OH
Looks like you would benefit from the stainless plates that keep the line from jumping off the sheave in that cse since most of the time you would have no tension on those lines.
You're spot on, it's on the list!

Nov 2, 2016
Hunter 27 2 Rock hall MD
So, quick update on my outhaul line replacement. We established that I have a set of blocks in the end of the boom (closest to the main sheet). The line going through these blocks comes out at the mast end of the boom to adjust outhaul. The problem is, where is the other end of the line attached? Well after I took the end cap off the boom and pulled all the blocks and line out as far as I could, I found the mystery end of the line attached to a bolt, about three feet forward of the end cap. (See pictures below. How on earth did the get that line attached to the bolt on the inside of the boom?? There’s also a metal rod attached to the bolt, laying on the inside of the boom that seems to have a purpose but it’s just out of reach of my hands. Thoughts??

upload_2018-5-3_9-19-40.png
upload_2018-5-3_9-19-40.jpeg