Our newest crew

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Awesome.... I'll bet someone grows up knowing the Muppets very well.... :D

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats Kermit. Remember that grabbing a tadpole's tail is just an old wives tale. Keep her warm and safe. There will be time. I'm off to celebrate my granddaughter Hadley's first birthday. Feb 2. It is a good time of year.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Thanks, y'all. She is #9 for us. So far only the oldest 4 of the 9 have sailed with us. We hope to correct that situation soon enough. Her mom is doing fine but very tired. I guess only a mom can totally understand.
And yes, they all think of their grandpa when they see any reference to Kermit the Frog!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
When my stepson's first child was old enough to say more than "mama," "dada" and "NO!" it was time to decide what she should call me...Grandma was already taken by my husband's first wife. And then I had what I thought was an inspired idea: A friend who's nickname was Bunny had solved the same problem by deciding she would be Grandbunny, so I would be Grandpeggie. Not so inspired after all...it didn't even take her 24 hours to turn it into Grandpiggie! You'll never convince me she did that without a lot of help from her parents.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks, y'all. She is #9 for us. So far only the oldest 4 of the 9 have sailed with us.
Congrats on the beautiful new tadpole. Glad the green skin isn't hereditary. Time for a larger boat is coming up fast and furious :yikes:.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
When my stepson's first child was old enough to say more than "mama," "dada" and "NO!" it was time to decide what she should call me...Grandma was already taken by my husband's first wife. And then I had what I thought was an inspired idea: A friend who's nickname was Bunny had solved the same problem by deciding she would be Grandbunny, so I would be Grandpeggie. Not so inspired after all...it didn't even take her 24 hours to turn it into Grandpiggie! You'll never convince me she did that without a lot of help from her parents.
I have no children, but my wife helped raise and is very close to her niece and nephew. Both of them now have (very young) kids, so my wife is a great aunt. Last year, we and the parents were debating what we would be called, and it was decided that my wife would be GrAuntie, pronounced like "grantee" but with the accent on the first syllable. I thought it was very cute, until they decided that would make me Gruncle.

I hope by the time the kids start speaking (which is soon), the subject has been forgotten.

Last edited:
May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Just too cute. Congrats Kermie. You're lucky to have them close by. My two are more than a thousand miles away and are now teenagers. Enjoy them. :)

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Congrats my green friend. Glad to see the new addition to the pond will be sailing with gramps!

Sam

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Congrats Kermit, sounds to me that some day soon you will need either a new ship or a small fleet of ships, good going gramps & granny frog! What a true blessing!!