Our 2003 C310!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Cheers... I think.. What happens Saturday.. you have to find the money in the tin can buried in the south 40? You still have the map... Don't you?

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Got the Hull ID and this is Hull # 211

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Got the Hull ID and this is Hull # 211
Hull Number 211 used to belong to the former Secretary / Treasurer of the C310 IA (my predecessor), Mark Zabawa. When he sold Too Impulsive and purchased a Hunter back in 2014 he left his position (and the organization).

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Hull Number 211 used to belong to the former Secretary / Treasurer of the C310 IA (my predecessor), Mark Zabawa. When he sold Too Impulsive and purchased a Hunter back in 2014 he left his position (and the organization).
That matches the story the current owners have told me. They have been really great to work with and I feel we are probably going to have a great Saturday of sea trails, inspections and survey results. The boat is well cared for but does have a hand full of items to address. The 2014 Survey had no issues and since that time the boat has a little over a 100 additional hours on the motor and been used for day sails around Lake Guntersville.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Awesome, Congrats!
Please consider joining the 310/315 IA There are perks!
Btw Mark Zabawa is still on Kentucky Lake and that is where the boat came from-Green Turtle bay-he has another boat there.
Enjoy the excitement-!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Everything went great! I learned nothing I didn't anticipate based on my research, help at SBO and my inspection of the boat and log details. There were no red flags or issues from the sea trial and survey. Sails are fine, but original, running rigging all functional too. I knew the current owners really don't sail but motor around alot, so due to a lack of use the sails are pretty dirty, but held resonable shape and were at least not blown out or soft cotton.

Open issue is the stove installation still needs to be completed. Current owner is going to get a certified installer at his cost to do the job right and safe. Bottom paint is ok for the season, which is good because I'm a bit over my planned purchase price.

So this really is a great boat and deal. Maybe in a year I'll get a nice light air sail to help our always low wind days and if it is worth it I'd like to explore converting the rope foot main to loose foot. Speaking of the Main, it was 4 full battens with a Dutchmar system. Didn't care for the dutchmar system but seemed to help.

Pretty excited and feel we found a great boat and next step.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Very Very good!
Is your wife doing the :dancing:?

With the sails being lightly used you probably do have life left in them. Just have them cleaned and you're golden.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Very Very good!
Is your wife doing the :dancing:?

With the sails being lightly used you probably do have life left in them. Just have them cleaned and you're golden.
:plus:Consider having your sails reconditioned at Sailcare. They did my main sail, and, with the second set of reef points I ordered, it is better than new.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
:plus:Consider having your sails reconditioned at Sailcare. They did my main sail, and, with the second set of reef points I ordered, it is better than new.
That is what I was thinking next winter sale. How long have you had them and used them since they did the cleaning/reconditioning? I'd like a second set of reef points and a loose foot also.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Congrats!
We still have the Dutchman-wife does not care for it because she is precise about the sails-I don't care as long as they get down and we can straighten out at the dock!
Great that you are getting the stove-professionally installed-you will enjoy that or someone will !
Selling the 25 should not be an issue-no one wants to be a 2 boat owner!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Agree, posted the 25 and had a ton of interest, need a serious person to show up with a cash offer, right now slip fees are paid till Aug so that is a bonus.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Pretty excited and feel we found a great boat and next step.
Congratulations, John. All the best. Nice thing is that this site IS the C310 site!!! No need to go elsewhere except for the links you already have. :)