Ordering Hunter 146 Motor Mount From soundboatworks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odessa

Oct 29, 2012
Hunter 146 In my garage
I am new owner of 2003 Hunter 146
Boat did not have motor mount, so month ego I ordered mount and a few other parts from soundboatworks.com
My credit card was charged on next day, but I am still waiting
Did anybody have experience with this company?
How long should wait until order cancellation?
If soundboatworks.com can not supply motor mount, does it make sense to fabricate the mount in local metalworking shop?
It looks like 10 gauge SS 316 was used for rudder mount, so I would use the same material

Thank you

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
I've bought Hunter-supplied products from them in 2011, and also had a long delay. After talking it through with one of the owners (?), they expedited the order with the explanation that Hunter was bankrupt and supplies in short supply. If you get a person, not an email address, I found them helpful and willing to go the extra mile. I also told them that I was put-off by their policy of charging my credit card first, then figuring out if they could deliver the goods. Also, since they're based in Conneticut, they may have logistics problems due to Sandy. Have fun with your Hunter sport boat!

Odessa

Oct 29, 2012
Hunter 146 In my garage
I will wait 1-2 weeks and then cancel order
I will manufacture mount myself
Dimensians are not to difficult to figure out, materials will cost below $100,
$20-30 for bending and welding, 3-4 hours of my time
About same price as I ordered, but I like to keep thinks under my control
Can some help with holes location: distance from left hole to right hole,
from front of the mount to first and second holes, I would appreciate that
Thank you for support

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
When you manufacture your own motor mount, placement of the bolts on the 146 is very critical as you will not know where the backing underneath iin the boat is and simply making your own without knowing that information, you may be wasting your time. Suggest that you purchase the one that this site offers as they have this main consideration included as well.

I was a former Hunter dealer who outsold the 146 over all other dealers and wanted you to know. Follow the suggestion from Phil Herring on purchasing from this site for the reason alone as I stated above

Status
Not open for further replies.