Ordered a new main sail today

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
View attachment 133571 I ordered a genoa 135 from Bacon Sails last year and am very happy with the sail. I talked to Gary at Bacon Sails and told him wanted and where I sailed. I wanted a smaller genoa for ease of handling since I solo sail 100% and am an ole lady. I measured my old sail and gave him the roller I have and told him that I wanted to be able to see in front of me so I wanted a shorter luff.
The trick with that is now your clew is higher, meaning your car must move back to keep the same sheeting angle. In your picture, your car is WAY too forward for good trim.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
View attachment 133571 ...... I talked to Gary at Bacon Sails and told him wanted and where I sailed. .....
Gary is who I have been emailing. So far the experience has been very professional. And the temp was nearly 70 today... ahhhhh I have no sail. So I did a few jobs on my trailer instead. Just made me want it even more. Gary told me 4 to 6 weeks. Uhg.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I love reading all the comments on this forum. I learn a lot.
"extra crispy", Bacon sails. I caught that double entendre !:laugh:
You are going with bolt rope and not slugs on the luff or am I reading this wrong? Are they adding any tell tails? Lettering?

"7.0 oz DACRON BY BACON. GROMMETS WITH VINYL PROTECTORS ONLY ON COVERED ROPE LUFF. PRICE INCLUDES CUSTOM HARDWARE AS NEEDED. LOOSE FOOTED. LEECH/FOOT LINES. 2" SETUP, 1" SETBACK. REEF UP 3' 7". TAKES ONE FULL AND THREE STANDARD BATTENS - INCLUDED. NEW/UNUSED. BLUE BAG. 17 lbs."

Jan 19, 2010
They emailed me today to ask what type of slides I needed....

Guess that is
PRICE INCLUDES CUSTOM HARDWARE

I have a phone call scheduled for later this afternoon so I will let you know.

r

Jan 19, 2010
Talked to Bacon Sail today (Gary). All is good. They wanted the measurements just to make sure they were looking at the correct rig configuration before they built my new sail.

He told me "4 weeks". So March 27th ..... :)

I'll be cruising in style this April. :)

Jan 19, 2010
WHEN YOU COME TO PICK IT UP, LET'S MEET FOR LUNCH?
Bacon emailed and said my new main should arrive at my door step by Saturday.

Ron... Next time I'm heading to Annapolis, I'll get in touch.

r

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
I like Bacon Sails and Gary was very helpful, I'm glad I made the trip over for both sails.
As Amos said "Life is great with new sails". :thumbup:

Jan 19, 2010
HERE IT IS!

It showed up next day ... two days earlier than I expected.... weekend plans have suddenly changed :)

I took this standing on my roof so it may seem a bit smaller than it is. I'm referring to the sail... of course!
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have heard it said... It is always smaller in the sunlight.

Nice looking sail. Have fun this weekend.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Russ... I count 1 reef point, 5 folds up from the tack... But I have a big screen.

Jan 19, 2010
There is a set of reef points right below the first red stripe.