Only Took Me 8 Years...

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
After agonizing over systems, and methods for years trying to figure out how to handle the stupid heavy poptop. My wish was to have an assisted lift that I could place anywhere in its travel.

Things considered:
gas struts - not the answer I am looking for.
camper cable lift systems: too much hardware
rack and pinon cranks: couldn't find anything suitable
tube jacks: all too big for the application
hydraulic pumps and rams: none I found for suitable for the small load and space available

And then I realized I have a damn boom and lots of tackle: - doh!

Sometimes I'm just thick....

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Put Kermit under that and then say "Leap Frog" and it will come up. Just kidding. some other boats had that same drawback. Is there a way to secure the back of that on hinges and lift it up just like on Kermit's boat or a Hunter 260 doing away with those rails? @Kermit
Do you have a photo of your hatch up with the side rail supports deployed?

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Put Kermit under that and then say "Leap Frog" and it will come up. Just kidding. some other boats had that same drawback. Is there a way to secure the back of that on hinges and lift it up just like on Kermit's boat or a Hunter 260 doing away with those rails? @Kermit
Do you have a photo of your hatch up with the side rail supports deployed?

I would be interested in seeing that!

I don't want to use gas struts because I have a LOW setting that just clears my 5 foot 3" head and I want to be able to walk on the top when up IF I need too. Sometimes they fail also and I don't want that risk. I will have legs for all "up" settings.

Thanks on the congrats for managing to be a little less.......thick.