Oil change Universal 15. But I found this tag...

Jul 22, 2015
Catalina 27 MO

I’m guessing this hose is attached to the engine oil drain. Anyone have experience using something like this?
I’m planning on using a fluid extractor to pull the oil unless someone has a warning against it.
Thanks

Attachments

reeder

Jul 12, 2011
Catalina 27 Stockton Lake, MO
Scott: That tag is on the engine sump drain hose. Load the extractor hose into that hose and pump out the oil. If you could read the tag it says to hook the drain hose up above the sump so oil doesn't drain out.
and cautions about oiltag1.jpg oiltag1.jpg
oiltag2.jpg
oiltag1.jpg
chaffing.

May 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Lake Lanier
I use a oil extractor on our Universal M-25. Push the small tube inside you pan drain tube and Voila. You can use any appropriate oil filter from an auto-parts store. We used Engine Oil (SHELL ROTELLA T6), Oil Filter (WIX 51334XP) and Fuel 10 micron Filter (WIX 33390). If you have one, don't forget the water/fuel separator primary filter (Ours is a Dahl 101-30 - Racor Equivalent is PF101-30) and if you have an external electric fuel pump there is one in there as well. (On ours it is Catalina Direct Part# Z2544.)

BTW - The oil filter on our M-25 is under the alternator, the filter on the starboard side under the injectors is the fuel filter. Be sure to get some absorbent rags because you WILL spill some fuel and oil.

Jul 22, 2015
Catalina 27 MO
Thanks for the heads up. Got everything changed out this past weekend. Next time I will use baby diapers. Think it will absorb and hold the excess.
Not too hard a job after I’ve done it now.