Oday Rally (rOnDAYvous) July 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2010
Oday 22 Erie Basin Marina Buffalo, NY
Re: O'day Rally July 2014

All the shirts are completed and they came out pretty nice.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
Another Reason

With just over a month to go, we are setting up to get underway to Annapolis this weekend. If anyone needs one last reason to get to the rOnDAYvous, here it is. From 2012:

Attachments

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Leaving for the rOnDAYvous in ONE WEEK!!! Long range forecast good, with a light SW wind ~8kts. I'll take it!

If anyone wants to ride along from LI South Shore, let me know.

Nov 5, 2010
Oday 23 Stonington, CT
rOnDAYvous July 2014

Having never been to a rondayvous, what is the schedule of events, if any? Is there a registration? I'm somewhat discouraged that there are 3 separate docking sites, 2 quite far from the 3rd which is expensive and most likely fully booked. However, I'm not far away, in Stonington.

Jan 22, 2008
Having never been to a rondayvous, what is the schedule of events, if any? Is there a registration? I'm somewhat discouraged that there are 3 separate docking sites, 2 quite far from the 3rd which is expensive and most likely fully booked. However, I'm not far away, in Stonington.
This year's rOnDAYvous is centered around sail fest, so things are a little more fluid (not that a schedule has ever been too important). Stop on by The potluck at Crocker's 4ish on Friday, meet the gang and see what the fuss is about. There will also be a dinner over by burrs Marina on Saturday,

Dec 24, 2010
Re: Oday Rally (rOnDAYvous) July 2014

Any of you rOnDAYvousers that would like a polo shirt, please email me the shirt size(s) you would like. Please include your mailing address I will be able to make them and ship them out to you for a small additional cost. My email address is pschmid@roadrunner.com.

Dec 24, 2010
Re: Oday Rally (rOnDAYvous) July 2014

I haven't heard from anyone concerning 2014 rOnDAYvous polo shirts except for Charles Carroll. If you would like a shirt(s) made for you, please contact me at pschmid@roadrunner.com. I will need your sizes and your mailing address. There is a charge of $10 per shirt and a small shipping fee. You can make your payment after you receive your shirts. I will include my mailing address and the amount of your payment with your shirts.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
rOnDAYvous 2015???

Just to get the discussions started, I'll throw a few possible venues out there, in no particular order..

1. Strongs Marina in Mattituck, NY. Entrance from LI Sound, North Fork. Lots of room, price on high side. very clean and updated. Small village of Mattituck within walking distance, as is LI Ralroad station. federal anchorage just off the marina as well. Beautiful, well protected place.
2. Half Moon Bay Marina in Croton-On-Hudson, NY. About 30nm north of the south tip of Manhattan, up the Hudson, just north of the Tappen Zee. Looks great (as per ActiveCaptain.com website). I myself would love a foray up the Hudson, as I've never been.. Less $$ than Strongs. Looks like it would fit the bill as well regarding services, nearby stores/bars/restaurants, etc.
3. Brewer Pilots Point Marina, Westbrook, CT. Up behind Duck Island Roads. Also very highly regarded by the ActiveCaptain crew. Looks like lots of slips.

So, any thoughts? I'll sit back and let the real planners go, just thought I'd get the ball rolling. This way we can at least visualize the warm weather and fair winds ahead!!

Jan 22, 2008
Less than 17 hours left in 2014. The New London rOnDAYvous is but a distant memory of warm days, cool friends and hot fireworks. The gears are turning on a 2015 location, so start making plans, gathering a crew and get ready for the best rOnDAYvous yet!

Dec 24, 2010
rOnDAYvous 2015

I was just wondering how the plans for this year's rOnDAYvous are shaping up. I am going to make polo shirts again. This year they will be offered in several colors. Once again it will be preorder only. More info to follow.

"Santa" Pete

Dec 24, 2010
I would like to ask all who are planning to attend the 2015 rOnDAYvous to send me a list of a few of their favorite things. This would be small items that you want or could use an extra to keep in your boat or car. Email me at pschmid@roadrunner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.