O’Day Daysailer 1972 HELP

eldete

Jul 1, 2018
o'day swift Barrington
Been looking for a while saw one for sale for 800 it was entirely freshwater only although it was morning. It looks to be in good shape but when I looked underneath there was a massive hole crack right before the centerboard I asked what that was he said oh it’s just the gelcoat didn’t seem to be any leaking but could’ve dried out this whole doesn’t seem like nothing does it ???

Attachments

eldete

Jul 1, 2018
o'day swift Barrington
I passed it was to rough looking. plus he painted the mast black it was ugly. but for my own future knowledge. is that repairable at reasonable price? I can't see anyway that that size of a hole doesn't end in water in the hull.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
As Justsomeguy says, all fiberglass is repairable. All it takes is grinding back, laminating resin or epoxy, appropriate glass fabric, and time. Now, blending in and matching, and looking good, that's a different story. :D

Apr 26, 2018
Catalina Catalina 30 Bayview
I had a early DS 1. If that is the forward end it was right to pass. The CB trunk is glass and I would say someone sailed into something solid and stopped. Sure, all fiberglass is fixable, but that CB trunk where it meets the hull is awful to work on and it a high stress area. Without good glass work your board will jam and you cannot get inside the trunk. Does it have a handle to raise and lower board? Is it less then ?500 with trailer? If we are talking real cheap then maybe, but that’s a project