O'Day 34 Stern Rail damaged by Hurrica Irma

Jun 2, 2015
Oday 34 West Palm Beach

Some pictures from Irma's wrath on my 1984 O'Day 34 in West Palm. Does anyone know where to get a new stern rail? I am filling all of the railing holes obviously so something even close would work because I would be redrilling anyway. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Wow! I'm sorry for your damage. You might ask Rudy at D&R Marine if they have something that will work.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Should take pics, get an insurance adjuster to look before you repair anything, no?

Jun 2, 2015
Oday 34 West Palm Beach
Yep, insurance already came out, I am getting a check to do all of this so all good on the financial side (Progressive is amazing). Just trying to get a new stern rail. I contacted D&R, thanks

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Great! I don't know who made O'Day's rails, but there's a California company named Railmakers that seems quite good, and economical.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
There is also an outfit in CA that is a big "scrap yard" for boat stuff that may have one. Sorry, off the top, can't recall the name of the place. Perhaps someone else on the forum can fill in the blank.

This outfit is located in FL:
Don’s Marine Salvage is located at:

5601 126th Avenue North
Clearwater, Florida 33760

Last edited:

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
There is also an outfit in CA that is a big "scrap yard" for boat stuff that may have one. Sorry, off the top, can't recall the name of the place. Perhaps someone else on the forum can fill in the blank.
Minney's.

On second thought, though, there should be tons of marine stainless rail fabricators and surplus yards in Florida. Shipping from CA for a stern rail could be several hundred.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Take it to a welding shop that does T-tops and boat stuff, they can maybe repair it by heating it up and bending back or replace the damaged section