O'day 34 bulkhead instrument mounting

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
I recently installed a B&G Zeus2 on my pedestal guard and would like to mount a Triton display on my bulkhead next to the companionway. I can't remember how much space is inside the bulkhead - is there enough room for a Maretron network cable connection on the back of the Triton without having to carve out the bulkhead inside the cabin?

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Hey Good Buddy are you sure you want to cut up that beautiful gelcoat? What happens if a different instrument is wanted in the future?
The main problem with bulkhead instruments is they are often hidden by other people in the cockpit. If there is absolutely no room at the helm a pod over the companion way would give you better visibility and future flexibility.
Of course your boat, your choice.

Last edited:
May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
Turns out I probably don't have room on the bulkhead anyway since I have speakers mounted there. I have a Navpod that goes on an arm on the pedestal guard but I didn't want to drill another hole in the guard, plus the cockpit is already small and I didn't want another appendage, but that may be what I need to do...

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
One of the major factors in choosing my boat over several others is that there were NO HOLES in the cockpit bulkheads.