O'Day 272LE stress cracks

Sep 7, 2009
O'Day 1987 272Le Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park Portersville,Pa.
I have a 1987 O'Day 272LE and I have many stress cracks all over the boat. Is there a way to fix these cracks without major work?

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
Some people have had good success with a product called Magic Ezy. I used it on a few cracks. I wasn't impressed with the results. That would be the easy fix.

In my opinion the proper way is to grind out the cracks fill the void with a marine grade filler and gel coat over. Another way is to grind it and fill with just gel coat. Both ways are labor intensive.

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks for your input. I wanted a easy way without alot of work, Sometimes easy isn't easy.

Aug 28, 2015
Oday 28 St Joseph, MI
There is a company in Florida called Line-X, it's probably nation wide but I know of the Florida one. I had a Boston Whaler 13 with a bunch of stress cracks and it seems the company does a lot of boats but I gave the Whaler to my daughter. I think it's a truck bed liner material. That may be an option but it will probably make it harder to sell than with the cracks which are just cosmetic.

Sep 7, 2009
You have the best fix yet. I think i'm stressing to much about the cracks.Thanks