Oday 23 viewing

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Pretty sure I want to buy an O'day 23, but have never been on one. I've poured over all the pictures and information I can find. Anybody got one anywhere close to south Mississippi that they would let me look at even if they are not interested in selling?
Mainly want to see the interior layout and size etc...

thanks
James
Laurel, Ms

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Any reason why without seeing it in person or other options? I love my O'Day 25 but I originally looked in the 20-23 range until I found this 25 in the right condition, price and location. I looked at several rough O'day 23s and 25s and said no and really got discouraged. Then got to look at a Precision 23 and really liked it as newer and easier to find in good used condition.

Old O'days are usually cheap because they need work, mine was a buy for sure but the electrical system was a rats nest, the motor died in December and the sails were in far worst shape then I knew or understood at the time so they are replaced also this year.

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Don't like the carpet headliner in the precisions. Had carpet headliner in a Hunter one time and swore I'd never do it again....
Love the 25 but pulling it may be an issue, but wanting to look at a 25 also..... the 23 is just easier to trailer than the 25. However I do not plan on trailering that often, just beginning and end of season, or if I need to bring it home to work on..

Last edited:

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Ah good point. The 25 meets our needs and the new motor and sails really make a nice difference. I finally found a reasonable teak wood source so the toe rails are getring replaced now. Seems like there is always something to do but our boat is functional so we sail and fix as needed.

No trailer, but I'd figure about 7-8k to tow a 25. The smaller boats are easier for sure and they seem to have trailers.i wanted a trailer for the exact reason you said haul in and out end of season. But a trailer would be $2-3k to buy new and so far have not had much luck finding a good used one.

Nov 19, 2017
Oday 14ft Next to garage
You can check the sailing texas web site they have boats for sale maybe some in your area, but what I like to do is look at there photo gallery there is about 25 ads for Oday 23 most are expired or sold but you can see the pictures and see what the boats have sold for gives you a good idea on boat value . And you may see pictures of the interior . I bought 2 smaller boats this year and I asked the seller if the sails had any holes and both said very small holes ,so and both cases it is either bad luck, miss handling or plain wore out. In both cases wore out .They should be fairly crisp feeling ,remember this is your motor .