ODAY 23 ADJUSTING TRAILER FOR THIS BOAT

Jun 20, 2011
Oday 272le chatham ma
I BOUGHT A TRAILER FOR MY ODAY 23. I NEED SOME HELP FROM ANYONE WHO HAS AN ODAY 23 ON A TRAILER. I'M NOT SURE HOW HIGH TO MAKE THE BOARDS TO ACCOMODATE THE 23. THANKS

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
It would be best if they could have some adjustment. The way that the hull flares up and out from the keel means that they would be a little higher the further out from center they are mounted. Also do you have a solid flat "keel board" running down the center, on top of the cross members? This would be a great place to start. With adjustable uprights below your bunks, what many people do.....is have a boat lift set the boat gently on the keel board.. and then snug the adjustable bunks up under the hull while the boat sling straps hold it steady.
One other thing that comes into play is if the trailers hardware like the tongue winch and bow stop are in the correct position to promote a safe tongue weight? I have noticed that looking from the side, my 23 balances the trailer best if the front/to/rear centerline of the keel is approx. 9 to 12 inches forward of an imaginary midpoint between the tandem axles. Positioning the boat in this area gives a couple hundred pounds of tongue weight. With too little, the trailer tows squirrelly. This is also effected by how much tongue length the trailer carries.
SO, if you have a keel board, I could give you some range of measurements...that could key off of it, if you wanted but still, I think you would want the uprights adjustable.
P.S. your best next investment would be in fresh trailer brakes. Best of luck.

Jul 28, 2016
O'day 23 Salem, MA
I BOUGHT A TRAILER FOR MY ODAY 23. I NEED SOME HELP FROM ANYONE WHO HAS AN ODAY 23 ON A TRAILER. I'M NOT SURE HOW HIGH TO MAKE THE BOARDS TO ACCOMODATE THE 23. THANKS
Mine has rollers, not bunks, but I can go out and measure from keel stand to rollers if you like, then doing as was suggested with the crane should only be minor adjustments.

Jun 20, 2011
Oday 272le chatham ma
I AM PUTTING A 2X10X 13 PRESSURE TREATED BOARD ACROSS THE CROSS MEMBERS UNDER THE KEEL. I WOULD LIKE TO USE THE BUNKS THAT CAME WITH THE TRAILER SO THE BOAT IS SORT OF SITTING ON A LONG CRADLE. I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY BRACKETS TO USE TO MAKE THE BUNKS SECURE. LANCE YOU SAID THAT THE REAR SUPPORT SHOULD BE 24.5" AND THE FRONT SHOULD BE 26.5". I WOULD THINK I NEED AT LEAST 2 MORE BRACKETS. WHERE DID YOU GET THE BLUE BRACKETS WITH THE ADJUSTABLE TUBES INSIDE AND WHERE CAN I GET THE ANGLED BRACKETS THAT ATTACH TO THE BUNKS. I'M GOING TO A WELDING SHOP TO DO THE WORK. THANKS STEVE