O'day 222 LED lights

Nov 20, 2016
oday 222 Collegeville
Just converted all my lights to LED. It took a bit of research and I thought maybe I could save someone the trouble if they wanted to convert their stock lights to LED. They are much brighter and are less drain on the battery.
(2) 1142-cw12-g 1142 cool white globe for Cabin lights
(1) Ba9s-cwhp5 cool white for top of mast
(1) 3022-w9 cool white for stern light
(1) 4210-cwhp3-v2 cool white for bow light

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Unless you like warm white lights! I put warm white LEDs in mine for nav lights, because they look more like the original incandescents. Especially the bicolor light. I didn't want a cool white LED making the green look too blue. Also, I put a cool red/warm white light in the interior fixture. Flip it on, it's red. Flip it off/on, and it turns to the warm white. (Because I really need to maintain night vision on my long nighttime crossings of a mile wide lake! :D ) Sitting in the cabin, it's just about as bright as one of the lights next to my sofa at home!

Feb 22, 2011
Hunter Legend 37 Muskegon, MI
Thanks for the insight into bulb replacement. One question that you might have stumbled on in your research. When switching to leds, do you have to install a resistor or diode to get them to work. I am curious because a different member installed some in his boat. They were - ZITRADES BA15s Bayonet Base 9 LEDs SMD LED Bulb Warm White +rectangle PCB, 9-SMD5050 LED,warm white from yupbizauto. The bulbs work when jumped direct from the battery but don't when installed in an interior light socket, or any of them on the boat. If I can't get them to work, I'll see about getting some that you mentioned.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
My advice is to not cheap out on LEDs, just because you can get cheapies from China. Go with a trusted brand either from the chandlery here on this site (to support the forums) or from Marinebeam.com. LEDs are voltage dependent, so having a unit manufactured with good quality voltage regulation circuitry is better than getting a cheapy with resistor packs for voltage regulation. If you get marinebeam, you aren't going to need a diode. And if you have problems, they offer great support for their products. I'm completely happy with my interior red/white PCB wafer-style replacement for the bayonet style socket light. For my nav lights, I replaced white festoon bulbs with Dr. LED, and for my bicolor light, I used a larger festoon warm white that I sourced from cruisingsolutions.com. My Dr. LEDs have been fine, though earlier (several years ago) I heard they had some nasty batches of sub-standard LEDs that fail. Also, if memory serves, the festoons were current direction sensitive. If you put them in backwards, they don't light.