Oceanis 45 Compass Light Power Source

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Does anyone know when the nav lights and compass light wiring comes together and are powered?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
There is something I never thought about...Now I have to got to my boat and check it out.
I've had the compass out of the pedestal a couple of times to lube the steering, but never all the way. I don't remember seeing any wiring. I also can't remember the last time I was out at night.

That said, logic would lead one to believe that power would come from the nav light circuit, and the closest point of connection would be the stern light. Just a guess. Otherwise the power could be coming from the same circuit as the instruments and its on whenever the instruments are on, day or night.

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
I was able to figure out that on my Oceanis 45 the compass lights are on the wires marked N91 and N92. The numbers are stamped on the wires every foot or so. I can trace them for a little distance but then they disappear into a wiring bundle. I can't seem to find them at the source. I wish Beneteau would provide a wiring diagram!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
.... I wish Beneteau would provide a wiring diagram!
DO you have the owners manual? Mine has great detail on the wiring. B323

Update.. well, my manual is not so great after looking for you problem. On one page it has wire 9 for the compass light, at 1.5 meters. That is only about enough to get from the breaker panel to the Wago block behind it. Then, on the layout which includes the cockpit, it says wire 9 is 10.x meters. 30 feet? I think this is saying the two wires do not go through the Wago connection block, but rather are spliced together.

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Yes, I do have the manual. It does have a lot of info, but not enough in my opinion. It really needs a key of wire codes and a map. My dealer in Annapolis would also like to have this info, but I am told they do not. I know the factory has it. Usually it's fine for the dealer to contact Beneteau when they need this sort information, but what the heck am I supposed to do in the middle of the ocean? The manual should have more detail.