Oceanis 321 New owner New sailor

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 321 Coral Bay
Good morning everyone. I am new to sailing bought my 321 having never sailed myself before and had only ever been on two sailboats. I am now in love with sailing and want now want to fix up my gal so to speak. My question is where do you all get your parts. Beneteau USA website is a joke.

Also My Bene came with two versions of the table below in the galley. And I would like to switch how would I even start that process.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Most sailboat parts are 3rd party off the shelf. In the US, I've purchased Beneteau-specific parts from Beneteau at: http://spareparts.beneteauusa.com/
Once you set up your account, they're pretty easy to deal with, and the prices sometimes surprise me as not being as outrageous as they might be.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
+1 for the spare parts site. Their prices can actually be better than other places. I've bought a lot of things for my B323... water heater, blocks, cleats, etc.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It kills me how one thinks that the best parts are at the manufacturers website. Sure there are some necessary OEM parts but not all of them. Check out your options - perhaps a non OEM product will serve your needs better than what the manufacturer chose to fit into their budget for the boat. You may find something better.

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Give a call to the store on this site. They are very supportive, and often have good prices.

Give us more detail on specific issues. A description of your issues with your current salon table, and a picture or two will often get good advice here.

Apr 7, 2016
Also I have found almost all my part on Defender marines website. So much easier than the Beneteau site. Still can not find the table though

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
It kills me how one thinks that the best parts are at the manufacturers website. Sure there are some necessary OEM parts but not all of them. Check out your options - perhaps a non OEM product will serve your needs better than what the manufacturer chose to fit into their budget for the boat. You may find something better.
Sorry JS, but that sounds like someone that owns a boat who's builder have been out of business for 20 years. ;^)

The Beneteau site is chock full of custom parts, rails, woodwork, logos, doors, hinges, sinks, panels, tracks, stanchions and bases, etc etc. Its a gold mine for anyone with a Beneteau, and once you get used to operating the site (it IS very clunky) it works well. And you if order on-line vs calling, you get an automatic 15% discount.

Bonus - If the part comes from France, you only pay shipping from the East Coast. The have a once-weekly container than goes back and forth. Anything needed on the other side goes in.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I have the none fold up table with no storage in it. Would like to add this fold down model that has some storage. I can not find either on there website.
Call BUSA, maybe Ward can help. For quite awhile now, wood products on Beni's are computer-cut from patterns. If yours was, then they can schedule one for production. I had hand rails made for an 1996 an it took an extra 3 months, but they came. It it was jig based and the jig is gone, you're SOL. That wine rack table is going to be SPENDY. Maybe ask around if someone wants to swap??

Apr 7, 2016
Boat Latin for SPENDY.

I called BUSA last week left a voicemail for a Debbie never heard back. Can you PM me the number you are using for Ward.

Another question from the newbie. Does anyone know what batteries actually fit under the aft cabin berth.

Oct 22, 2014
Sorry JS, but that sounds like someone that owns a boat who's builder have been out of business for 20 years. ;^)
You got me Jackdaw, that is the truth. Yet even Beneteau can not survive the economics of production building. They do build beautiful boats and there are bells and whistles to lure the most cautious of us.

Oct 22, 2014
UP here in the PacNW the Beneteau owners I have met prefer a locally crafted dodger by Iverson. Not shipped from France but perhaps as costly.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
That double-fold is like the 323 model, so look at that on the parts site. You would be taking a chance the table fits in your salon, given the mast hole. I tried to order the cabinet over the salon seats, was told the wood parts come from France, and they were not cheap- 800$. I ended up making the cabinets from a 4x4 piece of plywood. I think in the Islands you could b=get one made for a lot cheaper, and you'd not have to modify it to fit.