Now a 310 owner

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 77 Atlantic Highlands NJ NJ
Last Saturday I took delivery of a 2001 Catalina 310 in Forked River NJ. The boat was named
Dress Blue and prior to that Perfect Fit. The new name will be Lucky Girl and the sail number is 77. Right now we are getting her ready for winter and are looking forward to customizing her to our needs. Come spring we will move to Atlantic Highlands NJ. These groups are great and I hope to contribute as much as I receive from the group. Thanks to my friend Curt Sawyer for his help answering my questions before purchase.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Congratulations! I am hoping the 310 (or even the 315) will be my next boat.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Welcome Aboard!, Congratulations on your newest addition to your family and ours!
We are sure you will enjoy Lucky Girl as much or more than you did your last boat and reach out to new adventures. You have bought a great boat as I am sure Curt has told you many times over with lots of support!
Welcome!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Congrats! We have a 'new' 310 in our club too. The in-mast furling main looks interesting. How do these sails do without battens? New discussion?

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Congrats! We have a 'new' 310 in our club too. The in-mast furling main looks interesting. How do these sails do without battens? New discussion?
Like much of sailing, having no battens is a compromise. It has a big impact on sail shape and performance, but it does let you furl the main easily. Very similar issue with using roller furling to "reef" the jib or main. Sail shape and performance suffer greatly, but it is very convenient.