Nothing Runs Like A Deere

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
My little sister & several friends of mine were involved in a sailboat race to Cuba, probably about a year ago. The trip included spending some time on the island. Apparently, that door is now open, at least in some limited way.

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
My little sister & several friends of mine were involved in a sailboat race to Cuba, probably about a year ago. The trip included spending some time on the island. Apparently, that door is now open, at least in some limited way.
The door has always been open for Canadians.

Aug 22, 2017
The door has always been open for Canadians.
Yes, I have seen Havana Club rum & fancy cigars for sale at Pearson, Mirabel & Dorval airports for as long as I can remember. It appears that the Yanks are now permitted some direct access to the Island's bounty as well.

Jan 10, 2007
Hunter 216 Pardise Found
A top bar, even for a 4' chain link fence, seems to keep the deer out here in Paradise, CA. My father had a veg garden surrounded by a 3' high fence made of chicken wire and rebar with a top bar of rebar between the rebar posts and the deer the garden alone. Seems they are spooked to jump over the bar.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Out east, you need at least a 10 foot high fence to keep deer out. I've watched deer just stand and jump over an 8 foot tall fence.

dj

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
Tell me how this works. I bought this to block the deer and they did not even pause.
View attachment 145096
depends on the type of deer. we have white tail and mule deer. white tail would probably go elsewhere but could jump it if needed. Mule deer would easily jump that from standing.
Get bigger animals around, moose would step over it and break it with their chest, elk just keep the whole herd pushing until the fence falls.

Aug 22, 2017
When I lived in Toronto, back in the late 1980's, Pearson Airport had a problem with aircraft hitting deer on the runways. They put up some pretty high fences, like 12 or 14 feet, but the deer reportidly still got over them. Motivated deer can clear some surprisingly high hurdles.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Above zero next week. It’s a freakin heat wave.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Didn’t you guys get the memo, effective November Trump restricted private travel to Cuba with one of his executive orders. You have to be approved for travel. Now if you want to visit merry old Leningrad...