NOT racing.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Nice.

What is it about women and sailing. Jody is napping in cockpit while sailing, a position that I usually find Susan in. Once she out on the lake the blanket comes out and she is out. :)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Nice.

What is it about women and sailing. Jody is napping in cockpit while sailing, a position that I usually find Susan in. Once she out on the lake the blanket comes out and she is out. :)
Exactly. It was blowing 25 and we were flying on a beam teach. Seas were pretty big, and she was unsure how she was going to do in her first blue water passage, in particular after her friend Kim got a bit sick. But she was just fine, and soon fell asleep as the guys sailed.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
40 degrees and pouring rain here. we are getting well over an inch today after 3/4 of an inch yesterday. no wind at all.
i think i'll go take a nap. hoping to dream i was doing what you all are doing. enjoy :)

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Sleepiness is a symptom of sea-sickness. Feeling tired and a lack of appetite are both common low-level symptoms for people who rarely advance to nausea.

That passage from Grenada to Carriacou is one very rough piece of ocean. And then there is that damn volcano hiding down below!

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Looks like you are here. Welcome. See you this avo?

Nov 8, 2010
Looks like you are here. Welcome. See you this avo?
Just clearing in now, going to spend the night at Mayreau. Wanted to spare the ladies two big days in a row!

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Just clearing in now, going to spend the night at Mayreau. Wanted to spare the ladies two big days in a row!
So you sailed St George to Clifton? Then direct to Salt Whisle?
What is your eventual destination? Wow, you've got her up to loghtspeed, Scotty.
Sorry we missed you Clay,
Andrew

Nov 8, 2010
So you sailed St George to Clifton? Then direct to Salt Whisle?
What is your eventual destination? Wow, you've got her up to loghtspeed, Scotty.
Sorry we missed you Clay,
Andrew
Yea that’s the deal. Wanted to get into the grenadines ASAP.. mission accomplished, now we play!

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Yea that’s the deal. Wanted to get into the grenadines ASAP.. mission accomplished, now we play!
Have a grand time. Too bad, we were ships passing in the daylight. Maybe next time for that beverage. Our last couple was from WI, so maybe we'll see you up that way?
We don't get out again until the 28th and after that St Lucia and Martinique. Please, may there be a baguette left when I get there?

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
Bequia is one of our favorite Islands in the Caribbean. Hope you enjoy it. Right now we are in Antigua getting ready for race week here after that we will be heading back south to Grenada for hurricane season. Jackdaw how long are you going to be in the Caribbean?

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
That passage from Grenada to Carriacou is one very rough piece of ocean. And then there is that damn volcano hiding down below!
I made that passage only once, July 1993, in an Oceanus 500 bare-boat charter out of St. Vincent—Barefoot Charters. We were hit by a squall, as I remember; but basically sailed through it.:yikes: Nice boat! Anchored at Prickly Bay while in Grenada.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Nice.

My “girl” is usually helming the boat! The best way we’ve found for her to ward off the mal-de-mar. She actually did a trick in the cut between St. Vincent & Bequia on that same trip in 1993, on the outbound. Very thrilling.

Nov 8, 2010
OK could not help myself. Jumped on the 120 year old Galetaia to do main for the last day of Bequia Easter Regatta. 70 feet long, 1000 sqr foot main. Old school workout, 2nd in class!

91BFE1D1-E72F-4841-803B-CE0CED10B5EC.jpeg