North to Nanimo question

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
Stu, Ken. Anchor opportunites at Otter Bay? I figure one oughter ask.

Charles

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
A couple of Otter Bay images the morning of 27 OCT 2017.
IMG_2944.JPG IMG_2943.JPG
Boat stern on the right side of the image is in the mooring / anchoring area of the bay. As I guide S/V Hadley out of the Marina.
Otter Bay reflections.JPG
Love this photo taken by @Stu Jackson as we head out to explore the Gulf Islands during the Indian Summer Cruise of 2017.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Princess cove? Never been into Wallace. We poked into Princess Cove 4-5 wks ago at a -2 tide. Decided not the place to go at the time....

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I’ll never forget my first night there. Quite “exciting.”
Lesson learned; stern tie okay if no blow in the forecast. Did so in 2015 during a blow and the pressure bent the half inch thick by three inch wide anchor shank. Took a fork lift to bend it straight. Enough room in the Cove to anchor out in a blow.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We spent a night on the dock at Conover Cove this is a beautiful place. Next we just motored through Princess Cove. It looks great. Next we had a nice broad reach from Saltspring Island to the South end of Tent Island, then motored into Telegraph Harbor Marina where we spent the night. Here we got showers and had a nice spaghetti dinner provided by Stew. Did I mention that he is a great tour guide.

Ken

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Ken has "The Magic Touch." He "scored" a dock for us at Montague, AND at Conover Cove --- which is well nigh on impossible during the summer. Heck, I've had trouble getting one there in December, for goodness sake! :)

Ken's is THE skipper to travel with. Joanne, Diana and Fez were even better! :) We had a wonderful week. They just stopped by at my marina for a pump out at our brand new and still-working machine. They're on their way to Otter Bay for a Saturday crossing to Friday Harbor to drop Diana off and then they head home. I don't think they're in any hurry... :)

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
No hurry, Diana (daughter) and Fezzik (her puppy) need to head home early Sunday, but we have til the 30th To be back in Everett.

Ken

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Watching Rhythmatics at Friday Harbor. Jazz and blues. They play and sing well. These free concerts are a great reason to be there on a Saturday. Not to mention the need for laundry and resupply.

Attachments