North to Nanimo question

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We'll we made it to James island today. Normal the dock here is always full, but presently there are only 2 boats here. Nice new dock.

Our plan is to bum around the San Juans until Saturday when our daughter joins us and we'll head for the Gulf Islands for a week. Then we need to drop her back on a ferry for her home. Then we have until Aug 30. Okay, now we have 4 boats on the dock.

Attachments

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Will be looking for a raccoon report on the James Is dock....We’re in Read Hbr tomorrow

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Fog probly wont dissipate for hrs. Usually around noon. If you can make Thatcher Pass, go for it

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh the Days of Fogust in the Salish Sea.
Be careful out there.
My "Windy" app is saying their is a 5 knt breeze out in Rosario Strait. That should help clear the air.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
You have access to the weather radar at Duncan, except it seems to have gone for coffee this morning and not come back. It also only shows rain. Not a lot of help for fog.
https://weather.gc.ca/radar/

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Friday Harbor today because we needed to pump out. We left James in thick fog, but just as the ranger told me it was perfectly clear from Thatcher Pass (0.8 KM). Watched an older gentleman fall off the dock into the water (thankfully not hurt). Then watched and aided a new looking 32 foot power boat into the dock with no fenders out. He thanked me and said to not worry about fenders.

Just like a circus.

Ken

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Something keep in back of mind is Reid Hbr has a manual pumpout
Yep. Hard to find the switch to turn it on. I suspect solar would also be a problem due to limited direct sun.

Reid is one of our favorites.

Ken

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Looking fwd to seeing you. Hope you have some good sailing in the channels. Were gonna hike to to Turn pt. And be back mid pm. Were on the outer most buoy line on the north side.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
I didn't remember buoys there. Our boat is "Amazing Grace" white Hunter 30 with a Livingston 8 dink. We'll try for the state park dock.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Met Mark at Reid Harbor yesterday. He and his wife are a pleasure, and I discovered I had sort of worked with him years ago (small world).

Now we are at Roach Harbor for one night. Perfect day.

Ken