Noflex vs Odorlos

CarlN

Jan 4, 2009
Ketch 55 Bristol, RI
I've always used Odorlos but keep seeing ads for Noflex. Any experiences?

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
I've always used Odorlos but keep seeing ads for Noflex. Any experiences?
I had no luck with Noflex whereas Odorlos has worked well for me. Not sure why, as others have reported good results with both.

Apr 30, 2015
36 Sloop 36 Chesapeak Bay
we have used odorlos for years and no smell. learned of it from peggy and also installed the 101 trident hose. our old boat never smelled and repeating same on our new boat.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Second the odorlos and Peggy s book. Also learned in her book many of our good old boats are due for hose replacement. Once we replaced our hoses the odor went away. Thank you Peggy.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I have been using Noflex for two years. I purchased it before it was available through this site. Did some research and found the parent company was big into commercial sewage management. I think only recently they began retail packaging. The industrial use was to keep pipes from clogging and tanks from sludge build up. Claims to manage hose build up in RV's and boats. Anyhow, I don't know if the hose maintenance works or not but the odor control seems to be excellent in our application. As good as or better than Odorlos in my opinion.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Both are excellent products...use the one that works for you!

Once we replaced our hoses the odor went away. Thank you Peggy.
You're welcome, but I think you need to re-read the section in my book that begins (it starts on page 46 in the new one): "The holding tank, unless it's leaking, is rarely if ever the source of odor INSIDE the boat...'cuz odor from inside the tank has only one place to go: out the tank vent." The only true test of a tank product is whether it eliminates odor out the vent. So if you're trying to eliminate odor INSIDE the boat by trying different holding tank products, you're just chasing your tail.
I hear from people all the time who've tried every tank product, religiously pumpout and rinse the tank, but can't get rid of odor inside the boat. That's because odor inside the boat and odor out the vent are two separate issues...and it's possible to have one without the other, or both.
The two most common sources of odor inside the boat are permeated sanitation hoses and a wet dirty bilge that's in desperate need of a real cleaning instead of just dumping some more bilge cleaner in and calling it done. There are others, but start with those two.

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
1+ on Noflex. It stores easier, and is cheaper for me locally as well. The product works really well and fast in our experience.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Sorry teach, but that was the point I was trying to make. Changing the hoses was the solution. Our v berth is usable again.