i have put a few more hours in sailing Betty and its all coming together. Started on smaller lakes and swirling winds due to landscape. Then went to a larger lake more open and consistent winds. Lake Charlevoix in northern Michigan. We had great runs and heeled up a bit but nothing out of control. Very comfortable and just letting out the main or turning up wind brings it right back down if you want. Used both jib and main, jib easily over powers the main when tacking and you have to get the main trimmed quick to keep from spinning around. I also installed a baby BOB on the mast, and I happen to think I could attached a ribbon to it as wind indicator off the tail end. I used it a few times and refined it. I realized if I moved the tape forward I could have a directional indicator and an approximate 45 degree mark as well. On the top of the BOB I measured about 6 inches forward from the tip of the tail on the midline and put in tow holes one on each side of the mid seam. I didn’t want to drill the seam so I spanned across it. Then using self taping screws and 3m sealer I screwed on an eye strap. Then I tied a single tail of surveyors tape. Its bright light weight and stands up to sun well and is cheap to replace. Then on the bottom of the BOB I measured the same distance forward from the tip on the bottom seam and drew a dot. I drew from that dot two lines at 45 degrees pointing aft. Now when the wind blows the tape it give me a pretty good read on how clos to 45 I am sailing. Also I put strips of surveyors tape on the shrouds about the mid point up the main. They give me an idea of the wind angle on the sail and to trim I start by matching the angle of the tape on the shroud and tweak in from there. It a quick reference for me as I’m new and getting used to sail trimming on the 170. It a blast to sail and easy.. I am very happy I bought my 170. Betty is her name.