Newport 30 Rudder

Sep 3, 2015
Newport 30 White Rock
Had a mishap with our rudder and I am looking for a replacement, Tube "shaft" is bent at the point where it enters the rudder and there is severe exfoliation at that point, at a minimum the shaft would have to be replaced, and my thinking is that a complete replacement would make the most sense.
Thanking you in advance
Aidan :cry:

Aug 2, 2011
Newport 30 MKIII Madeira Beach, FL
Hello Waterline, sorry to hear about your rudder. Can't replace just the post since it is part of a stainless steel frame glassed inside the blade. Try Foss Foam at http://www.boatrudder.com/. They list Newport as one of the models they've made replacement rudders for. Let me know how you make out.

Windborne

Sep 3, 2015
Newport 30 White Rock
Had a mishap with our rudder and I am looking for a replacement, Tube "shaft" is bent at the point where it enters the rudder and there is severe exfoliation at that point, at a minimum the shaft would have to be replaced, and my thinking is that a complete replacement would make the most sense.
Thanking you in advance
Aidan :cry:
Windbourne.
Thanks for the information.
I have spoken to the guys at Foss Company, and they will provide me with a quote and when they could have a rudder ready for shipping, later today.
Information much appreciated.
Aidan