New to Hunter forum - loving it!

Sep 25, 2017
Hunter 23 Wayne, Maine
Hello all - I am new to this forum having just received my 1986 H-23 last year. We inherited our boat from our best friend who sadly passed away recently. We sailed God's Gift with them for about 20 years, and were honored to be asked to carry on her legacy. We wrote of her in Small Craft Advisor magazine July/August 2017 issue. She is a very special boat.
I read with interest the post on leading the halyards back to the cockpit - we are doing that modification now as we have the mast off the boat for painting. Thanks to all who share!
Dave from Maine Hunter 23 "God's Gift"

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome to the forum, Dave.. Plenty good info here.. Click on "Boat Info" tab above and then go to the model and look at other owner's mods and travails.. Great info in "General Downloads" as well..

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
What an honor to be gifted something that was such a significant part of your friend's life.

I sailed an ocean, unsettled ocean
Through restful waters and deep commotion
Often frightened, unenlightened
Sail on, sail on sailor…

Sep 25, 2017
Hunter 23 Wayne, Maine
Hi Crazy-Dave (I love that!) - yes - I do have the trailer. My friend was an engineer and the day he bought the boat in 1996, he had the trailer rebuilt with a dual axel setup and welded double fenders. Surge brakes added, and everything gone through. I was doubly blessed receiving such a gift that was upgraded like that.
Dave from Maine

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Thank you for letting us know. It was those darn fendeers that would fall off and the rotten bearings that came with the trailer were the primary issues. the single axle with the center of gravity high on that trailer was another concern without brakes but dual axle greatly enhances stability of that trailer.