New Spring cabin project - WM sale

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
While it's somewhat cool enough to sleep on board without the AC, I'm getting soft, I decided to replace my noisy DC fans. West Marine is having a sale and for once they actually beat Amazon. I have 2 Caframo Bora and 1 Sirocco II fans getting ready to go in. So I don't make more holes, I usually cut a plastic base that screws into the original holes and the fans screw into the spacer. Did the same for my new battery changer and my holding tank monitor.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Love my Scorocco. Enjoying it now with Air running. Their power numbers were so low that I measured it myself. Their numbers are right.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Good to know Claude. The Sirocco is going in the main cabin area and the Boras in the berths. I'm looking forward to the quiet, efficient breeze. I wonder why the named it "Sirocco". I had a '79 VW Sirocco back in the day. It comes from a hot breeze in Africa. Not too inviting. The Bora is a winter wind.

The sirocco causes dusty dry conditions along the northern coast of Africa, storms in the Mediterranean Sea, and cool wet weather in Europe. The sirocco's duration may be as short as half a day or may last several days. While passing over the Mediterranean Sea, the sirocco picks up moisture; this results in rainfall in the southern part of Italy, known locally as "blood rain" due to the red sand mixed with the falling rain. Many people attribute health problems to the sirocco, either because of the heat and dust along the African coastal regions, or because of the cool dampness in Europe. The dust within the sirocco winds can cause abrasion in mechanical devices and penetrate buildings.

Sirocco winds with speeds of up to 100 kilometres per hour (54 knots) are most common during autumn and spring. They reach a peak in March and in November when it is very hot.